Training & Development
SLL emphasizes the importance of having a coaching clinics and player pre-season programs to help players develop both their physical and mental skillset and encourage every parent, head coach, assistant coach, or parent volunteer to attend at least one. Below is the Baseball & Softball schedule with our coaching clinic partners, Baseball Positive, Mariners On BASE, Field of Champions Coaching Clinics, and Skyline High School player clinics along with the SLL Mandatory Safety Training for coaches only.
It’s the goal of Sammamish Little League to build into its athletes the ideals of good sportsmanship, honesty, loyalty, courage, and respect for authority and to help make them good citizens. The Sammamish Little League bylaws explicitly states that the goals of attaining exceptional athletic skills and winning are secondary to the goal of molding future citizens.
We will have the following offers this winter in prep for the 2020 spring season:
Baseball Positive Coach Training Schedule (highly encourage all parents to attend, you can assist the coaches) - FREE
- Mon, Feb 10th 6:00pm-8:30pm AAA & Coast levels @Skyline High School Batting Barn
- Wed, March 4th, 6:00-8:30pm A & AA levels @Sunset Elementary Multipurpose Room
- Sun, Mar 22nd, 9-11am Tee Ball @ Sunset Elementary (Playground, outdoors)
Mariner On BASE Coaching Clinic: FREE
- Sat, Jan 25, 10am-12pm All levels @T-Mobile Park Registration Required HERE
- More information can be found on the Mariners' website
- Sat, Feb 22, 9-11am All levels @ Inglewood Middle School, Sammamish
Safety Training Mandatory for Coaches (at least one coach/manager from each team)
- Tue, Mar 3rd 7:00-8:30pm All levels @Beaver Lake Middle School
Skyline Baseball & Softball Player Camps (Player Instructional with Skyline Baseball coach Brandon Hemphill, Head Softball Coach and Skyline players)
Registration required HERE!
Note: This is baseball only registration. Softball details will follow once finalized!
- Sat, Mar 28th, 12-2pm All levels up to Majors (Ages 7-12, no exceptions)
- Skyline High School Baseball field
- Note - baseball and softball clinics will be run on separate fields on the same day. Details forthcoming.
Should you have any questions on any of the above clinics or events, please contact Mike Hemphill. Further details on the above listed events can be found below.
Seattle Mariners Grand Slam Camps
Sammamish Little League recognizes the value that training can be in the development of its players, especially those focusing on the core baseball and softball skills. We are not resourced to extensively fund these type of activities but we do our best to identify those offered by local, trusted organizations and try to partner with them to offer their services at discounted rates for our members.
Sammamish Little League endorses the following local baseball skill development programs and clinics: