Training & Development
SLL emphasizes the importance of having a coaching clinics and player pre-season programs to help players develop both their physical and mental skillset and encourage every parent, head coach, assistant coach, or parent volunteer to attend at least one. Below is the Baseball & Softball schedule with our coaching partner organizations along with the SLL Mandatory Safety Training for coaches only.
It’s the goal of Sammamish Little League to build into its athletes the ideals of good sportsmanship, honesty, loyalty, courage, and respect for authority and to help make them good citizens. The Sammamish Little League bylaws explicitly states that the goals of attaining exceptional athletic skills and winning are secondary to the goal of molding future citizens.
We will have the following offers this winter in prep for the 2021 spring season:
Safety Training Mandatory for Coaches (at least one coach/manager from each team)
- Tue, Mar 2: 7:00-8:30pm All levels Virtual - details forthcoming
BIG AL COACHING:
Hello managers, coaches and parents:
Sammamish Little League has purchased Big Al’s online Program for all of the Managers, Coaches and Parents in our league for 2021.
The coaching programs include… videos on how to teach the skills, lots of drills to incorporate into your practices and help in identifying and correcting common mistakes. There are ready-to-go practice plans for the pre-season, during the season plus plans to help prepare for the post season. The strategy section covers positional play and roles and responsibilities of players in game situations. It also has tips and plans to help you be effective as a coach on game day. Big Al has designed this Coaching programs to help you from the start of a Little League season to the finish.
The parent programs include… videos and instruction on all of the skills that your coach will be teaching this year. It also includes lots of fun drills, games and challenges that you can practice at home so you can get stronger and improve your skills all season long. There is also a section on strategy with roles and responsibilities for every player on the team in a variety of game situations. Every player in the Major Leagues has a story about practicing and playing the game with their buddies away from the ball park and at home…that is how you can become the best player you can be.
To activate your own personal membership go to www.bigalbaseball.com.
Please note: The online programs work best with Chrome or Firefox browsers.
1. Click on the Membership Code button in the top right corner of the webpage.
2. Select the online Program or Bundle that best fits your age group and role. (Coach/Parent Bundle 4-8 or Coach/Parent Bundle 9-12 or 4 Program Bundle)
3. To activate your program fill in the registration fields and click CONTINUE.
4. Enter your Membership Code SAMM2021 in the box and then click on the APPLY button. (This will recalculate your membership cost to 00.00.)
5. Read and Accept the Terms and Conditions and click on the CHECKOUT button.
6. You will be taken to the Login page. Go ahead and Login with your own Username and Password. (Note: depending on your browser and computer settings you may need to enter you UN and PW twice.)
7. Please click on the link to your T&D program on the MY PROGRAMS page and enjoy!
To LOGIN the next time, please just go directly to www.bigalbaseball.com and click on the Login Button at the top right corner of the webpage and Login.
Coaches, Parents and Players, please take advantage of the online programs and the fantastic resources and lets have a great season!
Should you have any questions on any of the above clinics or events, please contact Mike Hemphill. Further details on the above listed events can be found below.
Sammamish Little League recognizes the value that training can be in the development of its players, especially those focusing on the core baseball and softball skills. We are not resourced to extensively fund these type of activities but we do our best to identify those offered by local, trusted organizations and try to partner with them to offer their services at discounted rates for our members.
Sammamish Little League endorses the following local baseball skill development programs and clinics: